Who are you guys?
2013 nissan rogue qashqai
P0101 2013 NISSAN ROGUE - Mass Air Flow Circuit Range/Performance
- Dirty Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor
- Dirty air filter
- Faulty Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor
- MAF sensor harness is open or shorted
- MAF sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Intake air leaks
Before replacing the Mass Air Flow (MAF ) sensor, try replacing the air filter and cleaning the MAF sensor with low compress air or MAF sensor cleaner. Reset code and drive vehicle. If the code comes back, it may be necessary to replaced the MAF sensor.
- A high voltage from the sensor is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM) under light load driving condition.
- A low voltage from the sensor is sent to ECM
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine stall
- Engine running rough
- Excessive fuel consumption
- Excessive smoke
The Mass Air Flow (MAF ) sensor is placed in the stream of intake air. It measures the intake flow rate by measuring a part of the entire intake flow. It consists of a hot film that is supplied with electric current from the Engine Control Module (ECM ).
The temperature of the hot film is controlled by the ECM a certain amount. The heat generated by the hot film is reduced as the intake air flows around it. The more air, the greater the heat loss. Therefore, the ECM must supply more electric current to maintain the temperature of the hot film as air flow increases. The ECM detects the air flow by means of this current change.